Sunday, March 19, 2017

For Whom the Bell Tolls

We are all in this together

I am thinking of my precious cousin Donna Gieszl. who took her energy into a better place last week. 

A beautiful soul has departed. Strength to Curtiss and Scott, and Tommy the boy's father, as well as Joanne, who I recall proclaiming when Donna was at a low point, that  'I love my sister' supporting her younger sister with Christian love. 

In Stone Mountain Georgia 

Also, a good pal, Lindsay lost her mom last week, came home from her job at church to find mom had passed.

Since she lived alone with her mom, prayers to help her to find her way after such a sudden, complete change of her reality.  

Love and Light, to the Gieszl family 

My best friend Edward Lutz turned me onto John Donne before he passed in 2005. this (poem, part of a sonnet, used by Hemmingway, and Hollywood, from 6 centuries prior.  


John Donne was born on January 22, 1572, in London, England
John Donne

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."


No comments:

Post a Comment