Sunday, August 11, 2013

Eydie Gorme






I first heard her signature song, 'Blame it on the Bossa Nova' when I matured into a teenager, in 8th grade, at Hawthorne Intermediate School. I started with Mr. Dana but graduated into High School under Mr. Green. 


We noted today the passing of Eydie Gorme. Steve Lawrence is in our thoughts and prayers tonight..

After her duet with Steve Lawrence, 'I Want to Stay Here' , my adolescent body  felt that first thrill of adolescent love. My nervous system had started on its sexual path. It was  all so very innocent. 

Even today, I can recreate those feelings, just by listening to her music. 

Later, as a big fan of Frank Sinatra, I noticed that in his final years, it was Steve and Eydie, that the Chairman kept close. 

Godspeed, Eydie on your trip to heaven.  



No comments:

Post a Comment