Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 31, 2008 - Success according to Winston Churchill

10-31-13



It was five years ago tonight that I moved into my present accommodations. and I was thrilled to no longer be living with strangers. My brother Dennis Ozenne’s room.on Piute Creek Drive, in Corona CA.  He  was my brother. He passed away in the summer,  early August of 2008, just as our mother had five years earlier, in 2003.

Donovan Peter Ozenne, his only son, offered me the room he had built for his dad, while I was on a FEMA deployment in late August, where  I was deployed to Texas by FEMA, after Hurricanes Hanna, Ike, and Gustav.

When I was released from that assignment, on October 31, I moved into the 20 x 20 room, Donovan had built for his dad. I noticed there was a big hole in the drywall, in the kitchen, just inches from where his dad was found, and where Donovan apparently expressed his horror at finding his dad, dead on the floor,  like this, with his fist discovering his dad like this after a weekend out of town.

I covered the 8 x 20 inch hole  with two sheets of yellow lined paper and scotch tape.

I wrote on these sheets a Winston Churchill quote, that held my consciousness then, as it does now:

“Success is going from one failure to the next, without loss of enthusiasm”.  


Now, five years later, I waiting for  judicial approval , from the 9th Circuit, to bring these law violating banks into a court of law to face justice. I had always believed this was a constitutional right under our system of law, that not even giant Wall Street bankers, could deny us.  We were a nation of laws, not men, or women.

No comments:

Post a Comment