Wednesday, August 15, 2018

My Best Friend Edward Charles Lutz RIP since 2005

August 15, 2018


We met in 3rd grade, when i helped him obtain a Christmas Tree from his 3rd grade teacher , Mrs Pierce.

We both loved flying and flew model airplanes.

We were close for decades, Beach Boys, Flying, History.

In 1998 he told me about a great film he had seen; Saving Private Ryan.

He knew me enough to know I would like wait for a VHS copy to watch it.

He was right.

So he drove from Hawthorne to Corona to take me to see it, at the Rincon Theater on Hamner Ave.

It was only a few years later that I understood why he went to this trouble.

Later, he recommended I watch the "Shawshank Redemption" which has since become my favorotite movie,,

He loviningly called me N-word Ozenne, and I smiled and called him Fat Man

It was truly a love affair, although he would scoff at this ides

In 1969 he tricked me into taking LSD, which changed the course of my life.

Love you,departed friend.

Its all about Love

Shout out to Gary "Pudgy" Nieman, and Hans Bertlesen,  other members of this coterie of friends

Also Jim Sloey, who legally resolved the dyck wars,

Love to all

Gary 

No comments:

Post a Comment