Sunday, September 2, 2018

RIP Staff Sargent JW Boyd My Eulogy

September 2, 2018

It is with deep sorrow I learned of the passing of another American patriot this morning, my friend JW Boyd.   

I met this incredible man, after I moved into the "granny apartment , that Donovan built for his dad, my loving brother Dennis in 2008.

A history buff, myself, I felt was happy to meet a true warrior, from the battle in the Ardennes forest, Hitlers last big offensive commonly know as the 'Battle of the Bulge" Mentioned in the 1960 movie "Oceans 11"

Injured  in the fight, with a purple heart, he was sent to Paris for rehab, then on a jeep, back to the front lines, they encontered , GI's going the opposisie way screaming, the war was over]]

It was in Europe , May 1945

But not for JW Boyd,  who was sent home for Jungle training  near San Luis Obisbo, for the eventual invasion of Japan. 

August 6,1945, with Paul Tibbetts in the "EnolaGay" changed it all, and JW married and started a life in Southern California









No comments:

Post a Comment