Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Story to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau


September 1, 2012

After declaring bankruptcy to save my home based business, Residential Fire Sprinklers, I learned of a massive fire sprinkler recall, issued by the Consumer Product Safety commission,  I tried to forge my own 'reorganization' plan. Needing a few thousand dollars to prepare for this recall, I decided that this would be a prudent use of the equity I had built in the house for the last 22 years. A new loan with Ameriquest, where my prior bankruptcies were not a problem. I had to first dismiss my current case in order for Ameriquest to make the loan, which I did.

The loan changed drastically and once completed was sold to Lehman Brothers. I thought it was sold to Ocwen, who was doing all of the correspondence, but was actually the loan service agent in this new paradigm of residential real estate. Ocwen, new co spelled backwards had been in this industry before, in an earlier business incarnation.    A while later, Lehman sold the paper to Chase Manhattan, but Ocwen remained the contact point to me, the borrower.

Ocwen was always coming up with penalties and fee's and before long I needed bankruptcy protection again. Ocwen and Chase Manhattan attorneys ,however, became a like a barracuda and framed my financial difficulties, and the fact that I had tried to rescind the loan under TILA, as well as my prior bankruptcy cases as evidence that I was gaming the system. The court agreed and and dismissed my case with prejudice!

Out of bankruptcy I quickly obtained a new loan before this behemoth could foreclose, they were now very legally aggressive and were taking no prisoners. A new lender approved my my loan application after an appraisal, but was unable to close the loan because Ocwen had issued a deed while I was protected by the bankruptcy court stay. Instead of fixing this unlawful blunder, the banks instead held a foreclosure sale, gave title to a new buyer, and two day's after the new buyer had me evicted, Ocwen rescinded the unlawful deed, giving the new buyer (a real estate investor) clear title. He flipped the property within weeks, thus foreclosing my chances of having the court reinstate me in the home I lived in for 26 years, under California's 'good faith buyer' law.

Unable to pay for my attorneys, I continued my demand to bring these banks into a judicial forum to face justice. The bankruptcy court has ruled for the last ten years that it lacks jurisdiction. I am at the 9th Circuit level of appeal - for the third time - and waiting for an order or opinion.

What these banks did to me, starting in 1998, they eventually did to millions of Americans.

My home based business 'Residential Fire Sprinklers' failed after my eviction. My psoriasis has gotten progressively worse since this conflict began. After the second time the Supreme Court denied my appeal I became depressed and disillusioned with our system of justice. The internal human American spirit cannot sit right or rest while the courts do not enforce the law! At least this one can't.

I wish your bureau was around when my loan went off the tracks.

Good Luck

Gary Ozenne

Ozenne v Chase et. al.   11-60039    www.banksters.us  

No comments:

Post a Comment